The Top Knee Fat Exercises To Add To Your Workout Program
Like we have talked about on other articles, knee fat exercises alone won’t do the trick in slimming the fat around your knee area… but they do help indirectly by building muscle around your knees which makes any subcutaneous adipose tissue (the fat just below your skin) you have in that area less noticeable.
So there is no reason to throw your hands up in frustration thinking there is absolutely no way to make your fat knees less noticeable. There is something you can do to help.
Start doing more exercises that focus on your upper and lower legs.
If you are already on a workout program then you should consider incorporating more of these into it in order to target this problem area. The same principle applies to other problem areas you may have such as fat on the back of your arms, “cankle” fat, fat on your glutes, back fat, and any other problem area.
Although many people will say that spot fat reduction is impossible don’t listen to them. There is an element of truth to what they say… the human body does lose fat systemically. Meaning your body burns excess fat from your entire body when in a caloric deficit.
Working out your abdominals over and over is not necessarily going to burn your belly fat away. However, what it will do is build more muscle in this area. As you gain muscle in some of these nagging areas you will create better shape and overall tone which makes that same amount of fat (assuming you don’t lose any) less noticeable.
Also there has been some theorizing amongst bodybuilders and fitness models that when a certain body part is focused on during the course of a workout that it causes more blood flow to that area (this is what causes the “pump”) which can help flush more nutrients into that area. This could possibly cause some “spot fat reduction” although it may be minimal.
Nutrition is the king of fat loss so ensure you do not focus excessively on exercise to the neglect of proper nutrition and supplementation.
So keep all that in mind when knocking out more of the following exercises. You may not experience results overnight but you will gradually. Remember rapid weight loss usually does not last very long. Take pictures ahead of time and as you progress. When you can see your progress it is incredibly motivating!
The 6 Essential Knee Fat Exercises You Must Do To Get Skirt or Short-Worth Knees
- Squats : Do weighted squats if you can but if you need to start with body weight squats. Throw some variations in there to keep it interesting. Try the squat jumps and squat and holds to really pick it up a notch.
- Lunges : Do front, back, and side lunges. Again use weight if possible and keep increasing the difficulty. For a variation try lunge jumps.
- Stair Steppers : A quad and calf burner (all the muscles around your fat knees). If you don’t have access to a machine then use some real stairs. For added stress on your quads go up do this backwards. No stairs? Try the next exercise!
- Walking Hills : A great alternative or addition to the stair stepper. Same concept, works your thighs and calfs especially when you walk up a hill backwards. As an added bonus when walking or jogging up a hill you put less stress on your joints.
- Cycling (Machine or Bicycle) : Biking or Cycling is a great fat knee exercise if you do this little trick. Do not sit down on the bike for as long at you can handle. Turn the resistance up or the gear so that it is pretty difficult to pedal. Then just go as long as you can while standing. Your thighs should really start to burn, when you can’t take it any more sit down and pedal slowly to recover until you can hit it hard again.
- Sprinting : Ever seen a sprinters legs? There’s a reason they are never chubby. Sprinting is a weight loss exercise hands down. It exerts a lot out of those who put forth and honest effort and even releases some Human Growth Hormone which helps burn fat for energy and has many other benefits. Try starting with several 50 meter sprints and keep working up in distance to 400 meter sprints. They seem to be a nice sweet spot for fat burning.
Most likely you have heard of and done many if not all the above fat burning exercises before. They are nothing mind boggling or unusual but the problem is that many people simply just neglect these efficient muscle building and fat shredding exercises because they are difficult. But nothing worth having in life comes easy and that includes sexy knees.
Anyone who has seriously incorporated a leg regiment into their exercise program will tell you that these exercises get your heart rate up the fastest and will make you the most sore… but they will also boast about the killer results they bring.
The simple fact is, your legs are the largest muscle groups in your body and if you are neglecting them you are missing out on some serious health benefits; both aesthetic and functional benefits.
Aesthetically your legs will become more attractive from performing more squats and lunges as well as incorporating leg intensive cardio. As you begin to do this consistently your legs and hips will grow more shapely (in a good way).
As your muscles grow your legs will develop a more attractive shape (and don’t worry you won’t become a hulk just because you start squatting and lunging more weight and more frequently).
Additionally since these are the largest muscles in your body as you work them your body will also enjoy fat burning benefits from having exerted more energy than if you were to focus on only your upper body.
And let’s not forget the functional benefits of stronger legs! Your legs are what get you from point A to point B. They are what allow you to bend down and pick up a child. They are where your power comes from in sports. Your legs sure do a lot for you so it is wise to take care of them from a functional standpoint even if your main focus is on improving the beauty of your legs.
Now you know the top 6 so go out there and start doing them. If you do not know the proper form then check on YouTube for some good demonstrations. Add these knee fat exercises to your workout program and you should start to notice some nice results within a month or less.